Monday, September 10, 2007

Disturbing events

A lot has happened since I've posted last (that's what happens when you let more than a month go by). Just to summarize, we bought a new car (Lori's car was dying), adopted 2 dogs (ostensibly to help Megan), and Sierra and Megan started school at the new elementary school. A lot of things, but not the focus of this post.

I called our insurance company today to get our old car removed from our insurance, and the new car put on it. I told the lady who answered the phone my name and told her that we had just purchased a new car, and traded in our old one. I gave her the details of the new car, and then she informed me the change had been made. I was a little shocked though. With nothing more than my name, and a few details about the cars that we drive, I was able to effect a change to my insurance. It seems to me that they should have at least asked me a security question to verify my identity. Pretty crazy.

No comments: